How to Study God's Word
using the Strong's Concordance
"Whom shall God teach to knowledge, and whom shall He make to understand doctrine? For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little:" Isaiah 28:9a & 10.
Pre-Requisite: Dictionary use, Books of Bible
This lesson can also be used with parental help
with the beginning reader
Crosswalk has a search engine with which you may use the Bible and the Strong's Concordance numbers together for your study at http://bible.crosswalk.com
To use the Bible and the Strong's Concordance feature, go to the front page of the Bible Study Tools, enter your query, choose either the King James with Strong's Numbers or New American Standard Bible with Strong's Numbers, and click "Find."
We use the KJV and Strong's Concordance keyed to the KJV
Check your Bible bookstore for other Bible and Strong's Concordance versions
In Lesson One we learned the first thing we do to to study God's Word is to
Read God's Word
In Lesson Two we learned from Isaiah 28:9-10, that we must
Put Precept upon precept,
Line upon line,
Here a little and there a little.
We also learned we must have a tool to help us find like words in Scriptures, and that tool is the
In Lesson Three, you will need the Strong's Concordance to find the Scriptures asked for using the word L I G H T .
Explanation of Lesson: The Dictionary in the Strong's Concordance shows you all the different times one given word is used in the Bible. In this lesson you will see how to put like words in Scriptures together for personal Bible Study.
Researching like words using the Strong's Concordance and your Bible will enable you to find God's hidden truths and apply them to your Christian walk. This is the concept found in Isaiah 28:9-10 where you learn precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little and there a little.
When you have completed this lesson, you will have gained the skill to study any word in the Bible line upon line, here a little and there a little.
Write where each of the following Scriptures is found by looking up the word LIGHT in the alphabetical Dictionary of the Strong's Concordance. In each entry you are given a phrase to help you locate the Scripture
1. God's Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.
2. The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
3. For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
4. God said, Let there be light, and there was light.
5. And God saw the light that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness
6. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee, be not darkness
7. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
8. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
9. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
10. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
11. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
12. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
13. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
14. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
15. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
16. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
17. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
18. Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
19. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
20. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Now read each of these Scriptures and you will see how finding one word, in this case the word LIGHT, and taking like Scriptures from several places in the Bible show you one of God's hidden truths you can apply to your Christian walk.
What is the hidden truth found in this Bible Search you can apply to your walk in Christ?
Go to Lesson Four
Return to Table of Contents
Caring Cherers Home Page