Bible Numbers 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Two = To Divide
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;" Psalm 149:6
The Word of God Divides
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
To divide means to part a thing into two or more pieces
To show the difference is to show how two things are not alike
To be able to discern is to be able to see the difference between two things
The above Scripture, Hebrews 4:12 tells us the Word of God does what?
1. The Word of God divides _soul_ and _spirit_.
2. The Word of God divides _joints_ and _marrow_ .
3. The Word of God discerns the _thoughts_ and _intents_ of the heart.
4. Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may
discern between _good_ and __bad__ :" I Kings 3:9
5. And they shall teach my people the difference between the _holy_ and
_profane_ , and cause them to discern between the __unclean__ and the _clean__."
6. "But strong meat (the meat of God's Word) belongeth to them that are of full age, even
those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both _good_
and _evil_ ." Hebrews 5:14
7. "And God said to Aaron, "that ye may put difference between the _holy_ and
_unholy_, and between _unclean_ and _clean_ ;" Leviticus 10:10
Would you like to try some other Online Bible Lessons from Caring Cherers:
Life's Question Series
How To Study the Bible Using the Strong's Concordance