Bible Studies Answer Key
How to Study God's Word
using the Strong's Concordance
Write where each of the following Scriptures is found by looking up the word LIGHT in the alphabetical Dictionary of the Strong's Concordance. In each entry you are given a phrase to help you locate the Scripture
1. God's Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.
2. The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
3. For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
4. God said, Let there be light, and there was light.
5. And God saw the light that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness
6. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee, be not darkness
7. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
____II Corinthians 4:6____________________
8. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
9. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
____I John 1:5____________________
10. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
11. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
12. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
____I John 1:7____________________
13. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
14. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
15. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
____I Thessalonians 5:5____________________
16. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
____I John 2:9____________________
17. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
____I John 2:10____________________
18. Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
____I Peter 2:9_____________________
19. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
20. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Now read each of these Scriptures and you will see how finding one word, in this case the word LIGHT, and taking like Scriptures from several places in the Bible show you one of God's hidden truths.
What is the hidden truth found in this Bible Search: Answers will vary
Example: God is light and in Him there is no darkness. God created light and separated the light from the darkness. Jesus is the Light of the World. And we are to be as our example, Jesus Christ, and be the light set on a hill dispelling all the darkness of the world.
Return to Lesson Three
Go to Lesson Four
Return to Table of Contents
Caring Cherers Home Page